The 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea are a great opportunity to have some great family fun and learn about another country!
Here are some family activities for you to choose from: (Some of these are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and purchase something, familiesformissions will be paid a small commission.)
Ideas about South Korea:
- Find South Korea on a map or globe
- Put together a Puzzle of the World as you watch the opening ceremony. Try to find each country as it is listed.
- Learn about and color the Flag of South Korea
- Read a great book about South Korea:
- Make a paper fan or a Sam Taeguk Fan
- Make a Korean Drum Craft
- Watch a Korean Fan Dance (Buchaechum) Here’s a coloring page link: Korean Fan Dance coloring page
- Learn about traditional Korean Clothing and color it
- Make a Korean Lantern
- Play a Korean Game: Kongki Noli
- Make a recipe (or a whole meal) from South Korea: Hoddeok
Ideas about the Winter Olympics:
- Research the rules to your favorite winter sport
- Skate around a hard wood floor on squares of wax paper or socks to pretend you are ice skating
- Make an Olive Leaf Crown
- Make a Pipe Cleaner Olympic Ring Collage
- Make Olympic Flag Chocolate Pretzel Bites
- Make a pizza and use pepperoni to form Olympic rings
- Make sugar cookies in the form of rings and decorate them with Olympic-colored icing
- Find Coloring Pages for some of your favorite sports like ice skating and speed skating
- Solve some Olympic Word Searches
- Read about the Olympics
- Here’s a link to some fun facts about the 2018 Winter Olympics!
Do you have other ideas? Please share them with us!